Friday, February 29, 2008
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (repeat)
The Outsiders (repeat, I read it every year)
That Was Then, This Is Now (repeat)
Taming the Star all by SE Hinton
Kite Runner by Kahled Hosseini
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling (repeat)
Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck
King of Torts by John Grisham
Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Pursuit of Happyness by Christopher Gardner
That's it so far, i've got The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini, and Hawkes Harbor by SE Hinton waiting for me when i finish Pursuit of Happyness. i recently discovered the Used Books at Hastings! i love it, i'm thinking k-dogg may have a different opinion, but after the new smash brothers game for wii comes out next week, i can pretty much buy, go, or do anything and he won't notice! Anyone have any book recommendations?
Thursday, February 28, 2008
My friend, lil' miss martha stewart, tagged me on her blog. there's a part one to this, but i don't know enough people to tag, so i'm just doing part two for her.
Here's how you play: Once you've been tagged you have to write a blog with 10 weird random facts, habits, secrets, or goals about yourself, at the end choose 10 people to be tagged. List their name and why you tagged them. Don't forget to leave them a comment saying "You're It!" and to go read your blog. You can't tag the person who tagged you! So since you can't tag me back let me know when you are done so I can read your blog answers!
1. fact- my pinkie toes are sideways. my toenails actually face left and right instead of up.
2. secret- i have a josh turner song on my ipod. me, the person that worked so hard to hate all things country as soon as i was old enough to know the difference!
3. habit- everyday when i get to work and turn on my computer, i read foxnews before i do anything else.
4. goal-i want to cut down on my caffeine, we'll see! last time i tried, kevin told me he liked me better when i had caffeine.
5. fact- i never leave the house without wearing my wedding ring and diamond stud.
6. secret- i'm thinking of voting for obama...mostly 'cause i like saying barack obama over and over
7. habit- coke and a honeybun...need i say more?
8. goal- to go on another mission trip out of the country
9. fact- i watch rock of love with bret michaels EVERY week even though it is reality tv at it's worst and so trashy! but i never talk about it at work!
10. secret- i dread the time during church when you are suppose to greet each other because i don't like shaking hands or talking to people unless i know them really really well.
well there you go, now i tag: no one...but if you read this, please, feel free to copy it on your blog!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
my mom and i went to see the african children's choir last night. it was even better than i expected. those little kids are SO talented. the best one was this tiny little girl, i forgot her name, but man, she can dance. she was moving and dancing at least twice as hard as everyone else! the backdrop was really cool. it was just a wavy screen, but they made it turn colors to go with whatever they were singing about. they also had a small circle screen that showed different pictures and was also used as the sun and moon. very creative. it just makes me that much madder at my students when i see kids like that working hard and being successful, and i can't even get my lazy bunch of brats to read a book! even my poorest, most pathetic kids have so much more than most kids in the world and most of them are so ungrateful. i know a lot of it has to do with their age, but some of them will never outgrow it. totally different culture tonight...i was right in the middle of cheerleaderland. i went to the high school tryouts to support two of my old students and their moms. both of them made it, so that's good...i guess. i was never into that whole cheerleader thing. i so hope that if i ever have kids i have boys. or if i do have a girl, i really hope she never wants to be a cheerleader. play sports, do drama, academic teams, absolutely nothing if that's what she wants...but not cheerleading. anyway, we saw vantage point friday night. we were both pretty excited about this movie. i enjoyed it, k-dogg was less enthusiastic. i don't want to give much away, but it reminded him of groundhog day for a while. last night he watched i know who killed me. first movie he's ever seen with an exotic dancer turned zombie turned stigmatic twin turned amputee turned robot. or something like that. he said it was a really good really bad movie...if that makes sense. i think i'm going to take a shower and go to bed early. i'm still tired from being out late last night and i need to try to get up earlier tomorrow. getting up at 7:15 doesn't work real well when i'm supposed to be at work at 7:45! the random giraffe picture is for my sister, bean.