Thursday, December 31, 2009

blue moon

there's a blue moon tonight. i heard it's the first one in 20 years, but not sure about that! ok, more pictures from tokyo...
k-dogg's favorite place on earth...Akihabara, the electronics and anime district in Tokyo

K-dogg in his version of disneyland...electronic stuff, video games, anime, and other weird stuff as far as the eye could see

I got bored in Akiba...so we walked around, found out that there was an old Shinto shrine nearby and away we went. K-dogg always wished he was a samurai! :)

We went to the aquarium in Sunshine City...I love this picture!

I actually do kinda know someone in Tokyo. Cayce's family goes to our church and her husband was transferred to Tokyo a few months ago. We met up with them and they took us to eat at the restaurant that inspired the restaurant scenes in Kill Bill. We were sitting on the second floor right above the grill and all the stores and restuarants in Tokyo are hot anyway...I was about to pass out from the heat. That was the best green tea I have ever had! Someone really needs to introduce Tokyo to the idea of sweetened tea though!


Ueno train station...we were on our way to Kitchen Town and another temple Cayce had told us about. This was the only time we really had no idea where we were or how to get there!
But we found it! This was one of my favorite places in Tokyo. I got a lot of good pictures and there was a lot less English. We went to a shopping market kinda like the place we went in Piedras Negras near the border in Mexico. They had all the regular touristy souveniers you'd expect in Japan...but we were really the only non-Japanese people I saw for most of the day!

1 comment:

Rosemond said...

I love the funny pic of Kevin!! hehe!