Thursday, March 6, 2008

the memory remains



so, my mom and i took a little trip yesterday. she called and wanted me to ride with her to take my aunt home. my aunt lives with her and my mom's parents. notice i didn't say my grandparents. i haven't been there since thanksgiving '96. i did see them Christmas eve at my other aunt's house. her mom at least talked to me. her dad completely ignored me. my mom said we were just dropping my aunt off, that i didn't have to go in the house. but, when we got there, her mom was waiting outside and wanted my mom to come in and see her dad. this is why MY mom rocks...she immediately said that i was afraid of jake, the big german shepherd that doesn't hurt anyone, and wouldn't get out of the car! so while my mom went in, i sat in the car and waited and remembered...the first picture is the front porch where i tried to shoot my cousin with his bb gun. you can also see the well he tried to throw my sister down. the second picture is the roof of the barn. the same barn he made me go in and reach my hand into a barrel of chicken feed when he knew there were rats running around in the barrel. that at least explains my irrational fear of rodents and makes it seem not so irrational now. that's also where we kept our three rabbits until one was trampled by the pony, one ran away, and mine was sold because it had too many babies. at least that's what we were told. the last picture is of the tree my cousin taught me how to climb and then left me there without telling me how to get down. i didn't get pictures of the shop where my cousin lied about the three wheeler and i went racing out of the shop at top speed not knowing how to drive it or how to stop. the trampoline we jumped on until he accidentally busted my lip isn't there anymore. and i didn't get a picture of the back porch where i was sitting when my parents told me that Poppa had died. That's my dad's dad. My good grandfather. the one that loved me. never will understand why he died when i was 11 and my sister and i were left with the other one that disowned us and is too mean to die. so, yeah, great trip down memory lane. i'm sure some good stuff had to have happened there, but other than playing with the video camera and watching disney channel on the big screen tv, i don't really remember anything. at least some of the trees were pretty.

3 comments:

mzzterry said...

what's really sad is that i didn't cry when i read this till i got to the part about poppa.
it amazes me that my parents could have ME ~(by the way *i rock*?!!? =o) and i could have YOU. we are both extraordinary women that ROCK!!!! and we are nothing at all like *THEM*

<3U

queen of everything said...

glad your mom didn't make you get out. your cousin sounds like a, well you know. hope the taks went well.

Rosemond said...

Don't be bitter....I think you are fabulous....