Monday, February 16, 2009

a southern thing

yea! i got new shoes today. not that i needed them...i was actually looking for black boots on sale, but i didn't see any. i ended up with some patent leather flats that are brown, navy, and burgandy with a big silver buckle...not at all what i needed. i decided i want to throw out all of my work clothes and buy all new clothes at penney's and dillards, but that won't happen! it's just been a long time since i've been to those stores. they had a lot of good stuff. i got a lot of new stuff for our bedroom. i need to take a picture of the new comforter set, but i'm going to wait until i get the whole room finished and cleaned up. i got to go shopping because i had jury duty this morning. i got dismissed at 12:30 and didn't have to go back to work, so my dad took me to lunch and then i went shopping. i was hoping i would get chosen for jury duty. i was close, but didn't get picked. most people would like to get OUT of jury duty...but i have always wanted to be on a jury at least once. i'm sure it's from reading so much john grisham and watching all those crime shows and stuff on tv. the better than ezra song i used for my title reminds me of a john grisham novel, so that's why i used it. it was on my ipod and works much better than unskinny bop, which is what's playing now! i do NOT want to go back to work tomorrow, i think february is the worst month of school. Christmas break was too long ago and spring break isn't soon enough. actually, it's in less than a month, but that still seems so far away! i can't wait to go to california! my valentine's day was pretty boring. we had to go out to eat fried catfish for k-dogg's grandma's 80th b-day. yes, that's the family with all of the boyfriends and girlfriends and his cousins that really make you wonder...
anyway, i gotta go see if the big bang theory is new tonight!

3 comments:

mzzterry said...

bbt was a rerun! =(

DyessFam said...

I've never been on a jury either, though, I've been called a lot to show up for the weeding out process. Because I was in the military and now I'm the main caretaker of our kiddos, I have never had to actually show up for just the processing part. I'm grateful because I probably couldn't stand the stupidity or I would get chosen for one of those long and drawn out cases and end up going crazy!:) Anyway, I would like to request a picture of these new shoes. I'm having a hard time picturing them...

queen of everything said...

i've only been called to jury duty once, and that was after i had moved from the county.