Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My mind's eye

"borrowing" from my mom's blog...top ten things on my mid right now...some serious, others not at all! 1. Coach Little- we'd have to go WAY back to when I was in 5th grade...for some reason, my dad and I helped them move into their house when they moved to Gladewater. We all became friends. Brad and I had several crazy youth trips together. The night we had a wreck on the way home from a Rangers game and I had to get rib x-rays...Brad stayed with me most of the time and got me a candy bar after the doctors said my stomach was empty. At out homes, my mom and Coach Little both woke up, knowing something was wrong, and were awake and waiting when we all started calling our houses! Coach Little was my 9th grade science teacher, I didn't learn a thing except that "a good research paper should be like a girl's skirt...long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to be interesting!" Alyssa and Bean spent HOURS swimming, laughing, and baking cookies together. Between Alyssa's wreck and their mom's death, they've been through way more than any family should have to deal with. And now this. But, the Littles are one of the strongest families I know. 2. Scout has not been himself the past few days...we do not like teething around here! 3. When he feels good, Scout is an awesome little kid and a lot of fun to be around! He actually clapped when he saw me this afternoon. 4. I never thought I would be so excited to get new rugs for my kitchen...until they arrived today. 5. I miss watching tv past 8pm and actually being able to hear it! 6. Tomorrow is Wednesday! 7. My students have the weirdest and funniest conversations, unintentionally, when hey don't know I'm listening. 8. I really want to go to a concert sometime this year! 9. Getting paid early in November and December is nice at the time...not so nice during January! Really working on not shopping online or getting dinner out for a few weeks! 10. I could really use a day at home all alone to get stuff done here...and watch tv with the sound up and no interruptions! Now, a shower one more trip through pinterest and Facebook...an I should be ready to sleep. And, yes, my alarm is set!

No comments: