Saturday, December 27, 2008

marvelous things

Christmas is over and i'm tired. i was sick last weekend. finally felt better around tuesday. good thing, because that's when Christmas hit! we had breakfast that morning at my grandma's. not my favorite way to kick off a morning when i'm off work, but pancakes and bacon beat out regular Christmas food any time! Christmas Eve was pretty laid back. we went to church, the a-team read the Christmas story with their mom and dad. the one in kindergarten prayed after the story on the microphone in front of all those people. he's usually pretty shy, but i really think he's going to be a missionary or a pastor when he's older. my other little friends, 911, doolittle, and piggies gave me a webkinz frog for Christmas! they were practically bouncing off the walls after church because they were so excited about Christmas. then we went over the river and through the woods to k-dogg's aunt's house. we ate and then opened gifts. that's always a big production. you can't just hand your gift to whoever it's for. they all have some kind of goofy presentation and then when you get your gift everyone watches you open it. k-dogg's aunt had my name this year. she got me good stuff...kung fu panda and cars on dvd, a new computer keyboard, and the collins big book of art. all stuff straight from the list i filled out. k-dogg's grandma loved the earrings he gave her and wore them the next day to show everyone what her grandson picked out for her all by himself! if only she knew! k-dogg and i opened presents again when we got home. he got me the fourth twilight book so now i can finally finish the story! my other gift from him was a box of tinsel. he conspired against me with my mom and my real present was at my mom and dad's house! i guess that's what i get for being a notorious gift snooper and peeker every year! i must have been really good this year though, because k-dogg got me an awesome gift...frye boots! not just any boots, but the exact ones i wanted in the right size, style, color...everything! and my mom got me a pair of toms shoes so i now have very happy feet! k-dogg wasn't real thrilled that my parents got me the entire series of the cosby show on dvd, but he'll live. he got a firepit so he was happy. yesterday, my mom and i braved the crowds and the disgusting weather for after-Christmas deals. wrapping paper, ornaments, and decor, oh my! it was fun and we didn't go too crazy, just a little bit. now that i've slept all day and started packing up everything, we're about to go see the curious case of benjamin button and then go eat at ihop...more pancakes! and a whole week off work with nothing planned! yea!

1 comment:

DyessFam said...

I just wanted you to know that I got my socks and ornament on Tuesday. They came via Sam's parents since we didn't get to go to their house. I Love them! Yay, sparkly. By the way, that ornament is one that I picked up at Cracker Barrel when we still lived in Tempe and I intended to go back and get it at some point, but didn't. It made me laugh the first time I saw it and when I opened your package and there it was, I laughed again! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Merry Christmas!